Careers – Developer
Job Title: Web Developer
AOR Web Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and appreciate the strength of diversity.
We are currently looking for a Web Developer to join our growing team. This is a remote position working rom home. As this position is a remote position, applicants must have access to quality internet service during working hours.
At AOR Web Solutions, you will be joining a team of dynamic professionals who pride themselves on exceptional service and commitment to success for our clients. We like to think of ourselves as a company that provides a bit extra to our clients. While we create most of our websites using WordPress as a base, we do not simply slap together templates and grab random plugins. We build components specially designed to meet the needs of our clients. We use a full version control and development process. We use quality control and code reviews to ensure our solutions are top notch. Code efficiency and quality that meet the requirements of our clients are our hallmarks.
- Developing innovative websites for local, regional, national and international clients
- Play a lead role in web site development, creation of custom components and plugins, and provide specialized programming for clients as required.
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions and make relevant recommendations.
- Implement user interface designs.
- Assist in development, implementation and application testing.
- Development and maintenance of DevOps systems
Technical skills we are seeking:
- Object-oriented programming
- Modular programming
- Familiarity with the Model-view-controller architectural pattern
- Linux experience
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- HTML and CSS
- Experience working with git or other version control systems
Who is a good fit for the team:
- Have obtained college or university degree in Computer Science or related field or similar combination of education and experience
- Have creativity and imagination
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to organize tasks and track progress
- Be able to work on own or in a team
- Be able to work remotely (from home)
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be thorough and precise
- Be able to multi-task
- Be able to use initiative
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Medical and dental benefits
- Vacation time
- Professional development days
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
How to apply:
Please email a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.