Careers – Developer
Job Title: Web Developer
AOR Web Solutions is looking for a recent graduate to fill the role of Web Developer. We like to think of ourselves as a company that provides a bit extra to our clients. While we create most of our websites using WordPress as a base, we do not simply slap together templates and grab random plugins. We build components specially designed to meet the needs of our clients. We use a full version control and development process. We use quality control and code reviews to ensure our solutions are top notch. Code efficiency and quality that meet the requirements of our clients are our hallmarks.
Web Developer Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for developing innovative websites under the direction of the Project Manager. Project planning, programming, database setup and administration, testing, and documentation are all elements of this position. Also responsible for website development for Analytic-OR projects and clients. This position works under the direction of the Principals, alongside the other members of our design and programming team.
Web Developer/Programmer Job Duties:
- Work closely with the Project Manager and other members of the Development Team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Produce project estimates, including expertise required, additional resources required, total number of development hours required, etc.
- Implement user interface designs.
- Determine appropriate architecture and other technical solutions, and make relevant recommendations.
- Communicate to the Project Manager with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Assist in development, implementation and application testing.
- Mobile app development.
- Development and maintenance of DevOps systems.
- Play a lead role in website development, the creation of custom components and plugins, and provide specialized programming for clients as required.
- Represent company as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Web Developer/Programmer Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information, Problem Solving, Attention to Detail, Website Development, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Documentation, Testing, Development Requirements.
- Object-oriented programming
- Modular programming
- Familiarity with the Model-view-controller architectural pattern
- Linux experience
- WordPress theme and plugin development
- HTML and CSS
- Experience working with git or other version control systems
- Have obtained university degree in Computer Science or related field
- Have creativity and imagination
- Be adaptable and able to pick up new techniques
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to organize tasks and track progress
- Be able to work on their own or in a team
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Be thorough and precise in their work
- Be able to multi-task
- Be able to use their initiative
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
Download a copy of the job description here.
Our offices are located in downtown Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. Salary commensurate
with experience. Please email a resume with cover letter to